Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kinda getting frustrated...

So the Protests are getting larger, from 1000 or so the night after to large organized rallies in Silver Lake to sporadic smaller rallies that gather 2000+ people on short notice. The problem with these rallies are their locations. Why the hell are we still protesting in West Hollywood, Westwood and Santa Monica? What the hell is wrong with this? Well all three of these areas voted overwhelmingly against 8. When are we going to protest in Union City, Hollywood Hills, Torrance or Pico Rivera??? When are we going to go somewhere and make a scene that can actually change minds?

This Saturday, the fifteenth, there is a rally downtown at city hall. This would be a nice change of pace except that the city of Los Angeles Board of Supervisors just voted to join a lawsuit against prop 8. So again who are we going to appeal to? Who knows?

What I know is that I will continue to support when I can, simply because the people who do go out there are fighting for my rights too.

I apologize for not posting more disparaging posts about how crappy my life is right now, but, having found something to rally around has kinda given my sub-par rat race life a bit of purpose and meaning.

Here is something a touch disturbing. I am finally getting paid without having a rent check or deposit due, HOWEVER, I do have a $81.00 phone bill, I need $70.00 worth of gas, +$60.00 more for my trip to San Diego, roughly $120.00 worth of groceries, I decided to pay half my rent, $275.00, so again I will be fairly broke... But oh well, I'll have to keep the money burning to a minimum...Have a lovely day all, I'm off to work.

Finally, I leave you with a silly video, where has all the money gone???


In The Know: Should The Government Stop Dumping Money Into A Giant Hole?

http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/repealprop8

B

No comments:

Post a Comment