Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Day...

I am not in a thankful mood nor a giving mood...Well at least as far as Bank of America is concerned. Lucky for them I have friends who still do care about be even though I'm an obnoxious, liberal ass-clown (Yet another revelation I had this week).

Tuesday afternoon, I looked at my bank account balance. Now I was not expecting to see anything more than a couple hundred bucks in there, but when it told me that I was overdrafted by $6.41 I flipped out. I had been so careful, I knew how much I should have had and -$6.41 was not right. I looked a little further and saw a charge for $174.21, and $31.68 for Hustler Hollywood up on Sunset. Now if you know me, you'd know that PepBoys Auto Parts is not exactly where I choose to spend my time or money. Nor is Hustler Holywood, a store that caters to the straights. I had been fraud-ed.

I called up BofA really quick and spoke to who i needed to speak to. She put the money back in my account. I told her that I needed to use my card tomorrow for gas and she said that it was fine. Thus, I slept well...

I got out of work a bit early on Wednesday and began my trek down to San Diego. I was gonna stop and have a quick bite to eat in Irvine with Joselito :) on my way down to Escondido. I went to fill up and you'll NEVER guess what happened! DECLINED! At this point I was kinda in a panic, I had just closed my Union Bank account and consolidated everything over to one account to simplify my finances...Oooops. I called up BofA and they said that their was nothing that they could do about it and that the account had been closed due to fraudulent activity...The last time I had a fraudulent charge they did not close anything!

So I made some phone calls and could not really come to any resolution. Drastic Situations call for drastic measures...
I called Jeff.
Jeff Answered.
I explained it to Jeff.
Jeff came to a Gas Station to Fill up my car.
I said Thanks.
Jeff left angrily giving me a piece of his mind at a crowded Gas Station.
I almost Cried.
Jeff was right.

I went on my way to Escondido feeling like crap and with all the money to my name frozen because some asshole finds it necessary to screw with someone's life without consequence. We apparently are innately evil. Life is run on the honor system, especially in the age of technology that we are in now. You can get away with nearly anything and no one bats an eye. And to the person who did decide to steal from me...Well done, way to steal from someone who has less than $200.00 to their name! Hahaha, loser.

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. I was angry at the world, but green bean casserole does wonders for a shattered heart and soul. After Dinner we went over to Ryan Arant's house for the traditional Margaritas and Pumpkin Gooey cake by way of Mother Karen. It was so good. Saw Russell, James, Ryan, Marissa, Paddy, Paul, Jordan and Richard. Good Times.

After Ryan's, Paul, Jordan, Richard, Ryan and I went over to Churchill's for a brew and an inevitable political discussion. It got heated and I got obnoxious. Paul turned to me at one point and said, "wow you got really liberal once to moved to LA, you must drive your old man nuts." Here's the problem with that, I am not really that liberal. I was just trying to be obnoxious because Paul and Jordan had been a bit tipsy. I was arguing for the sake of argument! How awful is that? So I decided to scale it back a bit. No use in pissing of the friends, I'd like to be invited to hang out again sometime! Haha.

All in all, I had a fun Turkey day. I was able to leave life behind for a day and a half and I think I really needed to do so. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me you do not piss off the old man. You stand up for what you believe no matter how wrong you are.

    Love you Boo

    ReplyDelete