Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New beginnings...

So having been single for roughly 48 days, 13 hours, 58 minutes and 15 seconds, or 4,197,495 seconds from the time of this post, and feel that I have kinda started to turn over a new leaf. At first after a break up there is that time where you simply feel the need to fill the void that has been left. And Fill the void I did. That got boring after about 2 weeks, and I started to seek friendship. I moved up here alone. I had Jefferson, whom I now, no longer have, and I had Meech, whom i still have but is in London until march. Both Nareth and Tim live their own lives and are both semi-involved with significant others right now too. So I kinda felt/feel like I am on my own. I have met a couple guys just recently, who have provided stimulating conversation, and just generally a good time. And for this I am thankful.

I got to go to a house party in the hills, and meet some new people and see some old faces, goddamn Jimmy Chen, hahaha, just kidding Jimothy! I had a blast just talking, watching and observing everyone there. Everyone was part of a clicque. I miss having a clique. That reliable group of friends that you know are ALWAYS down to do something. Meech is kinda my clique, but again he has abandoned me for the motherland. Haha.

I should have taken advantage of the situation on Saturday night and introduced myself to Nareth's and David's group of friends, but i guess was had not had enough liquid courage yet. I wanted to be loud and obnoxious and introduce myself by saying:

"Excuse me everyone, I have met you all at least once, but I am Brandon, the gay formerly known as 'John Santos's Ex', and now currently, known as 'Jeff Sheng's Ex'"

Ahhh, I find myself to be humorous...

Anywho, I told Nareth tonight, that I should have introduced myself a long time ago and that I have come to the conclusion that when I am out with someone, I pay attention to them and nothing/nobody else around me. This is a pretty ridiculous character flaw that I possess, and I need to get the hell over. I would have had a lot to fall back on when my relationship ended, if I had made the conscious effort to engage all of Nareth's friends, but instead, it has taken me almost 7 weeks to make these realizations.

I look forward to getting to know a couple of my new-found friends even more! That being said, I guess this holiday season I do have something, albeit small, to be thankful for, new friends and old friends alike! Hahaha, CHEESEY!

3 comments:

  1. ok so you did post... twice. for some reason my phone hates me and wants to make me look like an idiot... cause i really need help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to that, this new friend here wants to hang out already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Jason, you are perhaps the busiest person ever!

    ReplyDelete