Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Xmas Eve...

I left LA this AM at about 10AM and got down to SD at about noon. No traffic to speak of at all. I had an interesting drive home and was thinking about a lot of stuff. Much of which i do not normally post on this blog but probably should for your viewing pleasure. Anyways, as many of you know, my Grandpa passed away 1 year ago on the 29th, and it has been terribly hard on my grandma and my dad. That 1 year anniversary is coming up, and I feel like I need to be doing something. I got choked up on my drive down thinking about the good times we had with him.

This was the first time I had gotten that upset since last December at John's house in London. Jefferson, John and I were getting ready to go out to "Bar Code" in Vauxhall when he got an email form my Mom telling him to have me call her. I knew something was not right. My grandpa had passed. I cried. Then we went out and drank profusely. By the time the driver came to get us I could barely stand up. I did not shed a tear until I got back to the states on the January 4th.

I have a lot of pent-up emotions right now, and it is a bit stressful. I still slap on my happy face and my stupid personality everyday, and do what I do. I cannot change what happened, and can only stand in support of my grandma, who tonight was starting to get a little shaky. I will be back to LA on the 26th, and if any of my readers/friends would like to join me, I think I am going to go out on Monday night, the 29th, and have a beverage, Glenlivet 18, rocks.

On a festivities note, I had a great time tonight with the family and look forward to more family bonding tomorrow. For Xmas Eve tonight, I ended up getting some work clothes an igloo cooler, perfect for Car Bars!!! and some edible goodies. Cannot wait til tomorrow. Setting out the milk and cookies, stoking the fire, and hitting the hay! Talk at you all later!

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment