Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Weekend Wrap-Up

I got back to Los Angeles on Friday morning, and promptly went to work. Lame. It was ok though, something exciting was-a-brewin' for Friday night. I was going to go to Rage! I always felt like I was not allowed to go to Rage due to past relationships and other safety concerns, but I finally decided to go. Nareth had invited me and I jumped at the bit. Conveniently and by complete coincidence, it was "asian night" at Rage. Hmmm, funny how things work out.

We got to Rage at 9:15 or so and got some drinks. $5.00 drinks all night, can't beat it! As I was looking around, I came to the realization that I have met/chatted/hit on roughly 75% of the guys in the bar...My question is, does this make me whorish, or just a tease, seeing that I have not actually met any of them. Thoughts? Comments? Oh Well, I am just going to call myself outgoing! Which is what I was that night. I rubbed a bald guys head and asked him for head shaving tips, I got the number of the doorman who was really good looking, played staring games with a couple people partially to just because i wanted to and partially to make them feel uncomfortable. It was a blast.

After my headache went away at 5PM on Saturday, I left work and headed home with no plans. Timothy had texted me to see if anything was happening. His guy friend had apparently ditched him to go to San Diego, and so I said im up for it. I cooked some dinner (Homemade wontons, and Brown Sugar Fried Eggplant) and got all cleaned up and left to Pick of T-Fong at about 9:00. We got to the bars at 10 and went to trunks. Trunks is an interesting place. For you Escondidians, it is much like pounders. A dear friend of mine, Thomas "Jesus Christ" Nolan once referred to Pounders as "The Star Wars Bar", simply because of its patros very creaturous and alien-like appearance. Trunks is not nearly as bad as pounders, but there are some similarities. Either way, the beverages are cheap and the music is loud. Timothy and I walked in and the whole bar turned to look at us...it was weird. Tim said "What the fuck is everyone looking at?" and I habitually checked my zipper...Turns out nothing was wrong, people are just rude. We had a quick drink, chatted for a bit and then left.

Fiesta was next in line. They do a 2-for-1 drink special every single day, all day sans 8-10:30 PM. So we got a couple beverages there and found a heat lamp and proceeded to stalk "Leather Guy". Well T-fong did, I just watched. The wrost part was he absolutely knew that we were stalking him, but, hey, when you are at Fiesta, it happens. As we were leaving I saw "The Santos" and his gaggle of gays, don't remember their names, but they seemed really nice.

We then headed to the Abbey, the one place we said we were not going to go. But when we were walking by Dana, the greatest host ever, was at the exit and told us to come in the back door and to not wait in line. That was the first privilage that I have gotten at the Abbey due to John since he left in July! Sweet! Thanks Meech!

We walked around, it sucked, I saw Tom, he ignored me, we left. Got some Jack-in-the-Box on the way home, dropped Timothy off, and went to bed. The end.

1 comment:

  1. When you told me you were going to rage I COMPLETELY thought you knew it was Asian night (I thought that's why you were going)!

    As far as Trunks... everyone was staring because you were probably the youngest guys in there.

    Are we going to enjoy alcohol together this week?

    ReplyDelete