Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Mae-wedge"

If anyone can tell me where post title comes from, you get bonus points. Today was my brothers wedding. so of course the last few days involved quite a bit of debauchery!

I drove down to San Diego on New years day and started getting ready for my brother bachelor party. It was nothing too elaborate, just all the guys over for booze, poker and some good times...

I was so tired when I woke up yesterday, that I almost slept through rehearsal. Showed up a couple minutes late, ran through the motions. Left the church and raced home to meet Jefferson who came down from LA for the wedding and was waiting at my parents place. We ate, socialized drank more and I finally was in bed at around 11 or so. No, 11 is not that late, but I was hurting really bad from the last 4 late nights.

I showed up to the church this morning, late, and got all ready. We took a ton of pics which I will be posting on my myspace soon, and then we were off to the races. During the ceremony, there was hard found a dry eye in the crowd. Towards the end, they did a unity candle along with a separate for my grandfather who passed 1 year and 6 days ago, and Allyson's younger sister Ashleigh who passed in the Paradise fire on October 26th, 2003. I lost it and started tearing up. I looked down at my grandma and she was blotting her eyes. So sad, but there was so much good happening everything was okay...

The rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch. The only other responsibility I had was to deliver the best man's toast. I procrastinated and did not write anything until the last minute. Friday afternoon, I E-mailed David a REALLY rough copy, and asked if he had any suggestions. He offered up a couple of awesome anecdotes, and the speech went really well. The two parts that David suggested I add were received well, and got some pretty hearty laughs! Thanks D.

I just got back to LA tonight and am now looking for something to do. I was exhausted earlier, but am now kinda bored and not too tired.

Oh, and for my San Diegans... How about them Chargers?!?!?!

3 comments:

  1. mae wedge is a shoe. I win. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, it may be a shoe, but that's not the right answer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. is mae wedge off of a Kelly youtube video??

    ReplyDelete