Monday, January 19, 2009

Poor Decisions...

Yesterday was fun, I had the day off so I went to hang out with a friend in the valley for a couple of hours and then headed to The Spa for a beverage or four. It was so good to see the Sunday crew again, Harry, Debbie, Will, Kevin and Santos all in the same place again. I hung out there for awhile and then went with Harry and Kevin to grab some dinner.

I went out with Adrian last night, whose last name, and I can now confirm it, is not Rn. We went to Mother Lode and met the coolest Barman ever! Doug! A few Vodka Sodas and a couple Washington Apples later and I was getting pretty buzzed. This guy, whom i have seemingly forgotten his name and will therefore be known as "Not a Chance in Hell" or NACIH from now on, came up and asked me about my drink. We started talking and I just kinda decided that I will talk to him for a little bit, because his friends were getting ready to leave and I figured they'd take him with them. WRONG, 10 minutes later he was still talking, and touching...yuck. His friend came up to him and said alright I think we are going to leave, and as soon as NACIH turned to look for his friend I was gone...Stealth...

So I stopped drinking in order to be able to drive. I was heading down Doheney and cut through Beverly Hills over to my street via Gregory. I stop at a stop sign, and see those ominous Crown Victoria headlights behind me. I roll my windows down, and stop at the next three stop signs. I made a right onto Robertson and stopped at the Olympic stop light. They pulled right up next to me and this is what happened:

Piggy McPiggerson(Pig): How you doing tonight?
Me: I'm doing well thanks.
Pig: Where you headed?
Me: Robertson and Pico, Home
Pig: Were you out at the bars tonight?
Me: Yup
Pig: Alright, Get home safely.
Me: Huh?
Pig: I said Drive home safely.

That folks was my last get out of jail free card. I am a huge shamer of drunk drivers. I know we have all done it at one point in our lives, but that does not make it ok. I was not bombed or anything, and I was completely capable of driving, but I was probably pretty near the .08. Stupid...

2 comments: