Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Eve...

So I am not sure how many of you have been on the edge of your seat waiting for this, but here it is...My partial recollection of what I think I remember happening on Wednesday night/Thursday Morning.

My day started off with cotton mouth and a headache. I woke up at David and Richards place, sleeping on a 4 foot long love seat. From what I recollect, it was comfy...But that's not important. I went home to get cleaned up and headed back to David's to pick up the boys up for a shopping trip of mammoth proportions. I already wrote about this in more detail in my previous blog...

As far as NYE goes, I met with David and Richard at about 8PM or so. We had a quick beverage and headed out. Our first stop was Phil and RD's casa. I had never been there before and was looking forward to getting to know some of these new folks that I have kinda met throughout the last year or two. It took David about 10 minutes to start calling for shots. I made a batch of "Holiday Cheer" and tray passed them like the Bartender I once was. We grabbed a few more drinks, socialized and then headed out around 10:15 to another party. We had a couple more beverages and then decided to go to the Abbey.

The line was roughly 100 people deep and it was not moving. I was lucky enough to have pulled some strings earlier and we got to go in the back door. A special thanks to Jesse and Dana! You guys rock! So we got in in time for the countdown. I was sauced and feeling daring...In my drunken ineptitude(or brilliance depending on your point of view) I leaned in and asked David for a New Years Eve Kiss, and JACKPOT!

I was a bit weary about not really having plans for NYE, but it all ended up well.

I had a fantastic night and look forward to many more with my new found amigos!

1 comment:

  1. You're life is just one big Farside comic. Wheels of Fury!

    ReplyDelete