Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back into the swing of things...

I left San Diego this morning and headed back up to Los Angeles. Friday and Saturday night, I was reminded of all that I have left behind. I had the most fun that I have had in a long time. From Friday night at Paul's new house to the matrimonial antics of yesterday--details to follow--it was simply a good time had by all!

I got to Escondido on Friday afternoon and took a short siesta before heading up to Paul's parent's place in Valley Center. When I arrived, it was a mad house. LOTS of people. People that I had met in passing somewhere along the way and people that I knew very well. We hung out up there for a while and after a few hours, decided that a return to civilization is warranted...so we headed down the hill to Escondido...and yes Escondido is civilization...back off...

We went to Paul's place and had your token ceremonial, shot of Jameson's and a Bud Light...Delicious! I ate some pretzels, made fun of Paul's Dog, called Jordan gay, pretended not to dislike Catholics, and generally offended all of Paul's cousins with talk of "Faggotry and Queerology." I decided to call it a night.

Scene 2:

1:00PM Resurrection Church, Escondido

I pull up to the front of the church and notice a large contingency of hispanics and my thoughts are as follows...
1. Paul and Kat are having a shared wedding ceremony in order to save money to pay for the hosted bar at the reception.
2. Paul invited all of his groundskeepers friends from Pauma Valley.
3. I am a racist bigoted ass-hole who cannot help but think that 1 or 2 are both very likely scenarios...

I'll let you decide, so after the early crowd disappeared and I began seeing people that I knew I went to say hello. They all said the same thing..."Brandon, you're this close to the altar of god and you have not burst into flames yet?" My response..."Eat my ass with a spoon, its funny when I say it, not when you say it ass-hole..." So after all the "pomp and circumstance" of a wedding ceremony we got down to business and headed to the Country Club for the reception...I was the sober driver when tragedy struck...we walked in and Laura looked at me with a look of dismay on her face...with that she said 2 words that changed my world forever, "Open Bar" So moving forward about 4 hours, I was dancing, yes dancing, dancing hard, I mean like "Bustin' A Move, Young MC style!" I have bruises up and down my thighs and I am really not sure where they came from. I slow danced with Nancy, laura's Mom, what a lovely lady! And then may have had a cigar and then potentially danced more(Based on the bruise count). By the way, who the hell gets bruised while dancing, am I really that much of a health hazzard?

After the reception had ceased and I sobered up we went to Padraic's and played shuffle board, Hookah, Poker, Tiger Woods Golf and found other ways to dismantle the remaining structures of dignity in our lives. What a blast, I took about 200 pics and will post them on myspace soon enough...Happy Sunday All! Fuck the Chargers! :)

2 comments:

  1. bruising from dancing? ok, it's either you have the worst case of white boy dancing syndrome, or you're overdosing on blood thinners.

    isn't it fun to be the offensive one in the entourage? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so funny! Hey you slowed danced with Nancy and Thomas slow danced with my dad. Now that's what I call an awesome night. PLUS I DID TWIST AND SHOUT! :P

    ReplyDelete